Djara Cave tour
We Our Djara Cave Tour from Cairo enjoy provides a unique Western desert of Egypt – a must-see for history buffs and adventure seekers alike. The trek to the Djara Cave, located in the Western desert, is an unforgettable experience. day 1Enjoy a delicious breakfast before setting out for an incredible 3 day of exploring the cave and its surroundings. You’ll see Sand dunes, Magic spring,Crystal mountain, and more that are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old.
Description of djara cave
is one of the most beautiful caves in the world, located in the Egyptian Western Desert near the Farafra Oasis in the New Valley Governorate. The cave was discovered in 1873 by a German explorer (Gerha Red Rolfes), and it is known for its geologically significant stalagmites and stalactites.We go over the 9 most essential facts about djara Cave in the Western Desert of the New Valley as a group.
Information about the Djara Cave Tour
1- In 1990, an excellent group of specialists in this field from Cologne, Berlin, and Cairo undertook the first archaeological survey based on scientific grounds for the cave paintings.
2- From the beginning of 1999 to the end of 2002, drawings and decorations were thoroughly investigated as part of a larger scientific endeavour.
3- The cave has magical dimensions that arose naturally as a result of water, where the pure and dry desert climate over millions of years, and it contrasts with all of the region’s caves in its formations and the shape of its wonderful sediments, with the heights of the sedimentary formations reaching three or four feet, according to Rolfes’ description.
4- The cave’s descending and ascending sedimentary forms resemble frozen waterfalls, and they are the consequence of millions of cubic metres of ground water seeping through the desert sand millions of years ago to produce this earthly tunnel, which was subsequently deposited and condensed by the tremendous heat.
5- The cave murals depict common activities of the people in the area, such as hunting and playing. The drawings were made during the wet Holocene epoch. Fishermen lived in the area at the time, and they practised gathering and harvesting fruits, and the drawings show that the neighbourhood area, now barren and unprepared for life, was previously inhabited and vibrant.
6- The cave’s entrance, which is in the form of a small opening at the surface level of the limestone plateau where it is located, gives the impression that the visitor is descending into a small limestone basin that leads to a small, narrow corridor that forms a landing pad filled with sand that is blown into the cave by the wind.
7- One of the stones growing in the cave floor in the shape of stalagmites, which are beautified by the famous paintings or scribbles that disintegrate year after year, can be seen at the cave’s entrance. The cave’s main courtyard, which stretches from its ceiling to its floor, is a level space of 30 square metres with a height of five to six metres.
8- Despite the cave’s location in a limestone area, geological analyses have revealed that the stalagmites and stalactites’ sediments are entirely made of sandstone, which may provide scientific insight into the area’s geological history.
9- A light must be used to see the sedimentary formations when visiting a neighbor’s cave.
Itinerary of the Djara Cave Tour
Enjoy a 3 days a tour to the Djara Cave from Cairo, discover Egypt’s Black and White Desert, and spend the night camping near by Crystal Mountain. and go visit Aqabat Valley see Ain Khedra, and visit djara cave in The western desert of Egypt is among the most beautiful caves on the world.
- Time for pick-up Drive to Bahariya Oasis, about 350 km east,
around 7:00 a.m. from your hotel in Giza or Cairo. This journey will take approximately 4 hours, with pauses for restrooms and coffee along the way
- In 10:00 a.m., you will arrive at Bahariya oasis and board your 4×4 Jeep for a journey into the black desert. Lunch will be served
at 12:00 p.m. in El Haize oasis14:00 Then drive to Aqabat Valley
which is located deep within the white desert You have to be there to appreciate the place’s otherworldly splendour. The location used to be under the sea millions of years ago. Over time, unique limestone, chalk (and even sand) rock formations emerged. Pay a visit to Ain Khedra
- After that, drive to the white desert for Camping
- Bedouin personnel will organise meals and desert camping. The rock formations dissolve as the sky turns pink, then brilliant orange, and silence reigns. You’ll feel like nothing has ever tasted so good as you sit around a little fire eating chicken, rice, and vegetables
- At 6:00 a.m., watch the sunrise over the desert. Breakfast will be served in the desert at 7:00 a.m., followed by a trip to El Khor Mountain, 70 kilometres off-road from Aqabat Valley, arriving at 10:00 a.m. It’s a spectacular sand dune area. Drive to Sahel Baraka at 11:00 a.m. and take the high road to Djara Cave Tour
- which is 110 kilometres from Sahel Baraka. Djara Cave is a cave in Djara, One of the most stunning prehistoric locations in the western desert,, breaks up the silent and mystical desert, with its bedrock structures battling gravity. The djara cave has the only rock-art depictions of gazelles and other wild animals in a 250-kilometer radius.
- The enchanting beauty of this site is enhanced by the dripstone roof of the djara cave, which was formed by crystal deposition over millions of years. The White Desert, or El Farafra Oasis, is a peaceful and magical desert. in Djara cave tour , lunch will be served.
- After lunch, depart for the Ain El-Serw Spring at 14:00 and arrive at 16:00 at the white sand dunes
- The landscape’s unexpected shifts, from the black desert to the White Desert’s white limestone mushroom-shaped structures. At 17:30, take in the sunset. At 19:00, we will be camping in sand duneswith a Bbq dinner.
- At 6:00 A.M. Take pleasure in the sunrise.
- You’ll have breakfast in the desert at 7:00 a.m. before travelling to Bahariya Oasis.
- At 9:00 a.m. On the way back, you’ll stop by Crystal Mountain, also known as Gebel al-Izzaz. It’s more of a crystal hill, shown on the right, that is often referred to as the “Jewel of the Desert.” Quartzite crystals make the hill, which looks wonderful in the sun’s beams. That natural feature was discovered by chance a few decades ago.
- Drive to Bahariya Oasis at 11:00 a.m. At Bir Sigam, a hot spring that might help you relax, soak in the heat. The spring is located 7 kilometres east of Bahariya on the Cairo road, and it is the best hot spring in terms of temperature.
- During the summer, we shall visit Bir Madi ( which is a cold spring)
- Pick-up and drop off services from/to your hotel
- Travel by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Tours by private Jeep 4X4 to the djara cave and White and Black Deserts
- sand boarding
- Desert camping for 2 night
- English-speaking driver
- All camping equipment and tents
- All meals (2 breakfast, 2 lunch, and 2 dinner)Beverages including mineral water and tea
- All taxes and service charges
- Entrance fees to the National Park of the White Desert
white desert home
offering a wide range of daily tours covering all known attractions in Egypt , since 2000